Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Know We Arn't The Only Ones

A few weeks ago, Jamie and I drove east toward Logan Martin Lake to look at some jewelry.  We had a nice visit with the lady selling the jewelry and learned that she bred Ragdoll cats.  We looked through her jewelry and selected a number of beautiful art deco era items, a few older pieces of jewelry and some pieces from the 1950's.  But wait, we are cat lovers.  We have a big old yellow cat named Jake and a big Maine Coon named Zack.  So, before heading home, I asked if I could see the cats.  There were no little kittens so it seemed safe.  We walked up the hill where the cats lived and while she introduced me to her cats one attached herself to Jamie.  She literally would not let him go and it was clear to me that he was taken with this little cutie.

Maggie, the cat, had belonged to a friend of the breeder.  She became ill and could no longer look after the cat so the breeder took her back.  She's two years old and tiny except for her feet.  She's a polydact, a Hemingway cat with six toes.  I'm sure you see where this is going.  Maggie came home with us that day.

It proves my point that you never know what you will find on a quest for treasure and it reinforces my love of the hunt for that very reason.  I bet we're not the only ones who have gone out looking for something and come back with a new member of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment